Reading is a vital phase in the commencement of a barrister’s career, and we pride ourselves on giving our Readers a fulfilling experience during their readership year.
We have up to six vacancies for Readers per year, with an intake of three, every six months.
Our Readership Program has been a great success. Many of our current barristers began with us as Readers and have since developed large, successful practices. Some have taken judicial appointment, including to the High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia and Supreme and District Courts of New South Wales.
We believe our Readership Program sets us apart from most other chambers. Some of the main advantages of our Program are as follows.
- From the outset, we accommodate our Readers by setting them up in professional accommodation in standard barristers’ rooms.
- Our Readers receive all our online services at no expense during their reading year, as well as assistance from our full-time library staff.
- With around 100 members at Frederick Jordan Chambers practising across many fields of law, Readers can explore the various practice areas which pique their interest.
- Senior members of chambers are available at all times, for consultation by Readers.
- Readers pay a concessional rate, which is a fixed fee of $900 plus GST per month. This is a significant reduction, compared with the fees paid by other barristers at Frederick Jordan Chambers.
For more information regarding our Readership Program, please contact our Clerk.
How to Apply
Applications to become a Reader at Frederick Jordan Chambers should be made in writing (and accompanied by a curriculum vitae) addressed to:
Barristers Services Co-operative Limited
Frederick Jordan Chambers
53 Martin Place
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.